Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: NIST
While vaccine supplies have fallen short of what the government promised, that information came from the companies making the inoculations.
OMB has launched new tool to automate FISMA reporting. This data will help populate a new cybersecurity dashboard, federal CIO Vivek Kundra says. OMB also wants to collect more specific data around how much and where agencies are spending money on IT security.
Tags: technology , cybersecurity , security , Vivek Kundra , John Streufert , Tom Carper , OMB , State , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , DHS , CIO Council , metrics , FISMA , dashboard
After introducing the world to tiny robots with soccer skills, NIST is creating the next level of friendly competition designed to advance microrobotics.
New group is developing performance measures that are based on outcomes. OMB has set a November deadline for a draft of the metrics that will be reviewed by government and industry. DHS says the governmentwide focus to improve cybersecurity is on standards, metrics and authentication.
Many fundamentals are reiterated, while new threats are also identified.
Tags: Smart Grid , House Science Subcommittee on Energy and Environme , Patricia Hoffman , Department of Energy , George Arnold , National Institute of Standards and Technology , Paul De Martini , Jeff Ross , Michael Stoessl
Draft explanation kicks off effort to develop special publication for government architecture, strategies and security.
NIST computer scientist,
May 14, 2009
CIO Council offers advice on improving agency input on IT security