Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: NIST
Chris Johnson oversees the National Vulnerability Database at the National Institute of Standards and Technology. He is Tom Temin's guest this week on Federal Security Spotlight.
November 11, 2010
November 18th at 12PM
Program will discuss the progress report on Government Cloud Computing Initiatives, top cloud computing priorities , challenges to overcome, lessons learned & best practices, and vision for the future.
The memo is part of a broader effort to improve authentication to computers and buildings across government using secure identity cards. The White House also is close to finalizing the National Strategy for Trusted Identities in Cyberspace. President Obama could sign the strategy this winter.
Agencies are laying the foundation for the use of cloud computing in the government. Officials are marking their progress in smaller steps instead of big strides.
NIST says it's identified five "foundational" sets of standards for Smart Grid interoperability and cyber security that are ready for consideration by federal and state energy regulators. Details from NIST's George Arnold
Learn more about Director Pat Gallagher's efforts
Subhead: Administration honors sustainability efforts by seven agencies with the 2010 GreenGov Presidential awards.
Tags: green government , management , White House , Council on Environmental Quality , Nancy Sutley , NARA , VA , Forest Service , Energy , HHS , DoD , 2010 GreenGov Presidential Awards , Jason Miller
National Cybersecurity Awareness Month officially kicks off today. In coming weeks, federal officials are expected to launch a number of public programs to raise awareness of the importance of securing the nation's computer networks for both government and private industry. But some officials also are using it as an opportunity to ask, "Where will the cybersecurity workers of tomorrow come from?"
Scientists have known for decades that time passes faster at higher elevations—a curious aspect of Einstein's theories of relativity that previously has been measured by comparing clocks on the Earth's surface and a high-flying rocket. Now, physicists at the National Institute of Standards and Technology have measured this effect. NIST's Till Rosenband has details.
This week, host Jason Miller talks with Simon Szykman, the new CIO at the Department of Commerce.
September 16, 2010