Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: NIST
National Institute of Standards and Technology guidelines are out. NIST's Rob Ross explains the new standards.
The National Institute of Standards and Technology has a new way of managing risks.
A competition to find a replacement for one of the gold-standard computer security algorithms used in almost all secure, online transactions just heated up.
The National Institute of Standards and Technology and the Homeland Security Department's Science and Technology directorate are teaming up with the private sector to improve the cybersecurity of financial services.
NIST and DHS are partnering with the private sector on cybersecurity.
The agencies sign a MOU to work more closely on research and development on new technologies to protect the financial services sector's critical infrastructure. This agreement follows a pilot DHS and DoD have been working on to share threat information.
Auditors look at how 24 agencies secure their wireless networks and find some progress, but many of the same problems that GAO found in 2005.
Chris Johnson, a NIST IT specialist, was Tom Temin's guest on the Federal Security Spotlight this week. Johnson explained how NIST studies cyber threats.
Chris Johnson oversees the National Vulnerability Database at the National Institute of Standards and Technology. He is Tom Temin's guest this week on Federal Security Spotlight.
November 11, 2010
November 18th at 12PM
Program will discuss the progress report on Government Cloud Computing Initiatives, top cloud computing priorities , challenges to overcome, lessons learned & best practices, and vision for the future.