Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: NIST
The idea is simple: Create a secure online portal to make online transactions more trustworthy.
"We are not DHS. We are not DoD," says Jerry Horton, chief information officer at USAID.
Federal Chief Information Officer Vivek Kundra says agencies are on track to move to the cloud and framed his ideas for where he wants government to go in the future.
In her position as the Deputy Chief Cybersecurity Advisor at National Institute of Standards and Technology -- part of Donna Dodson's job is to coordinate NIST priorities.
The National Institute of Standards and Technology and the Department of Health and Human Services are hosting a workshop next month for labs that want to test the technology.
Making the exclusive cut is cybersecurity rock star - Donna Dodson. She leads the National Institute of Standards and Technology's Computer Security Division and is the Deputy Chief Cybersecurity Advisor.
Hildy Ferraiolo, a NIST computer scientist, explains how the standard is changing to access federal buildings and computer systems.
Despite a 2006 mandate to secure mobile devices and implement two-factor authentication, only just over half of federal agencies have managed to do so. OMB submits its annual FISMA report to Congress detailing the steps the government has taken to improve cybersecurity, including spending $12 billion on cybersecurity last year.
Tags: technology , management , Vivek Kundra , OMB , DoD , GSA , NASA , DHS , U.S. CERT , cybersecurity , FISMA , continuous monitoring , encryption , HSPD-12 , Cyber Workforce , CyberStat , Cyberscope , supply chain , Jason Miller
NIST has updated its Cybersecurity Recommendations for Government. Learn how your agency will be able to better manage information security risks from project leader for FISMA implementation, Ron Ross.
For the first time, NIST is seeking feedback on security controls for information systems in federal governnent.