Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: NIST
National Institute of Standards and Technology guidelines are out. NIST's Rob Ross explains the new standards.
The National Institute of Standards and Technology has a new way of managing risks.
A competition to find a replacement for one of the gold-standard computer security algorithms used in almost all secure, online transactions just heated up.
The National Institute of Standards and Technology and the Homeland Security Department's Science and Technology directorate are teaming up with the private sector to improve the cybersecurity of financial services.
NIST and DHS are partnering with the private sector on cybersecurity.
The agencies sign a MOU to work more closely on research and development on new technologies to protect the financial services sector's critical infrastructure. This agreement follows a pilot DHS and DoD have been working on to share threat information.
Auditors look at how 24 agencies secure their wireless networks and find some progress, but many of the same problems that GAO found in 2005.
Chris Johnson, a NIST IT specialist, was Tom Temin's guest on the Federal Security Spotlight this week. Johnson explained how NIST studies cyber threats.
Chris Johnson oversees the National Vulnerability Database at the National Institute of Standards and Technology. He is Tom Temin's guest this week on Federal Security Spotlight.
November 11, 2010
November 18th at 12PM
Program will discuss the progress report on Government Cloud Computing Initiatives, top cloud computing priorities , challenges to overcome, lessons learned & best practices, and vision for the future.