Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: NIST
Agency says it wants to reevaluate positive and negative comments from stakeholders. Advisory board offers recommendations for NIST to consider as they develop their plan for a reorg. A House committee is looking into the proposal as well.
Tags: technology , management , Cita Furlani , House Science and Technology subcommittee on Techn , Dan Chenok , Information security and privacy advisory committe , cybersecurity , ITL reorganizations
OMB and GSA issue RFI to see what approaches exist and could be used in government. Document expected to be first of many around cloud computing.
Standard configuration for Windows 2003 and 2008 builds upon desktop baseline. New secure servers provide another level of cybersecurity for agency systems.
Updated 800-53 publication expected by July 31
Experts describe the progress they have made and challenges they will face in modernizing the electric grid. Despite some security concerns, lawmakers expressed support for the project.
Gallagher is asking all 10 of the agency's labs to consider how they are set up to meet their mission. NIST is playing a more critical role than ever in many of the administration's priorities. He says the agency is considering its options for revamping its IT lab.
Lawmakers expected to vote on Cybersecurity Enhancement Act that would give NIST more authority. Bill also focuses on research and development around cybersecurity.
The State Department in late January began testing the use of digital certificates on Microsoft Word and Excel documents, using the Group Policy Object function to digitally lock down Microsoft Office so employees does not use any macros that are not approved by State.
NSF, NIST and Energy continue to receive increases on way to doubling budget by 2017. Overall, R&D across government increases only slightly. OSTP will create a dashboard to measure effectiveness of federal R&D efforts.