Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: NIST
New National Institute of Standards and Technology Director Patrick Gallagher wants his top managers to take another look at NIST's organizational structure.
Agency says it wants to reevaluate positive and negative comments from stakeholders. Advisory board offers recommendations for NIST to consider as they develop their plan for a reorg. A House committee is looking into the proposal as well.
Tags: technology , management , Cita Furlani , House Science and Technology subcommittee on Techn , Dan Chenok , Information security and privacy advisory committe , cybersecurity , ITL reorganizations
OMB and GSA issue RFI to see what approaches exist and could be used in government. Document expected to be first of many around cloud computing.
Standard configuration for Windows 2003 and 2008 builds upon desktop baseline. New secure servers provide another level of cybersecurity for agency systems.
Updated 800-53 publication expected by July 31
Experts describe the progress they have made and challenges they will face in modernizing the electric grid. Despite some security concerns, lawmakers expressed support for the project.