Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: NIST
Ron Ross, NIST
Bill Nelson, Financial Services Information Sharing and Analysis Center
Agencies are following through on the administration's 25-point plan for IT reform. Federal Chief Information Officer Vivek Kundra said the movement to cloud is becoming more important than ever.
Draft special publication would help agencies implement systems based on a minimum set of standards.
Less than one year from now, agencies across the Federal Government face a new deadline: On July 2010, all new equipment and software for federal computer networks must be compliant with the IPv6 internet protocol.
Higher stage of maturity is necessary to secure systems
IT security also to be worked into federal segment architecture methodology
David Ferriero is the new Archivist of the United States.
Tags: management , David Ferriero , Susan Tsui Grundmann , Elizabeth Robinson , Patrick Gallagher , Tara Jeanne O'Toole , Christopher Bond , Harry Reid , NARA , MSPB , NASA , DHS , GSA , Martha Johnson
Testimony obtained by FederalNewsRadio says IT security measurements focus too much on compliance and not on risk. GAO surveyed 24 agencies and found few have moved beyond just fulfilling FISMA requirements.
Tags: technology , Greg Wilshusen , Vivek Kundra , John Streufert , GAO , OMB , State Department , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Tom Davis , Deloitte , cybersecurity , FISMA , risk management
With the new Obama administration, HSPD-12 will gain greater importance as the government prepares for next phase.
Agencies would be asked to report on 11 categories to determine the status of their computer network security.