Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: NIST
Agencies are following through on the administration's 25-point plan for IT reform. Federal Chief Information Officer Vivek Kundra said the movement to cloud is becoming more important than ever.
Draft special publication would help agencies implement systems based on a minimum set of standards.
Less than one year from now, agencies across the Federal Government face a new deadline: On July 2010, all new equipment and software for federal computer networks must be compliant with the IPv6 internet protocol.
Higher stage of maturity is necessary to secure systems
IT security also to be worked into federal segment architecture methodology
David Ferriero is the new Archivist of the United States.
Tags: management , David Ferriero , Susan Tsui Grundmann , Elizabeth Robinson , Patrick Gallagher , Tara Jeanne O'Toole , Christopher Bond , Harry Reid , NARA , MSPB , NASA , DHS , GSA , Martha Johnson
Testimony obtained by FederalNewsRadio says IT security measurements focus too much on compliance and not on risk. GAO surveyed 24 agencies and found few have moved beyond just fulfilling FISMA requirements.
Tags: technology , Greg Wilshusen , Vivek Kundra , John Streufert , GAO , OMB , State Department , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Tom Davis , Deloitte , cybersecurity , FISMA , risk management
With the new Obama administration, HSPD-12 will gain greater importance as the government prepares for next phase.
Agencies would be asked to report on 11 categories to determine the status of their computer network security.
New guidance offers steps agencies can take address risks in cell phones, PDAs