Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: NIST
A new Internet Botnet Group will bring together federal and industry experts to try to stem the tide against botnet attacks. Experts estimate one in 10 computers are controlled by bad actors using malicious software to attack organizations. FCC working groups released three reports with recommendations for improve cybersecurity.
Tags: technology , Miriam Perlberg , Julius Genachowski , FCC , National Security Council , White House , cybersecurity , botnets , Steve Crocker , Shinkuro , Messaging Anti-Abuse Working Group , Communications, Security, Reliability and Interoperability Council , DNSSEC , Jason Miller
Marianne Swanson, a senior adviser for information security at NIST, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss NIST's final framework for Smart Grid security.
The National Institute of Standards and Technology released the first draft of special publication 800-53 revision 4 yesterday.
The National Institute of Standards and Technology says there are six steps agencies should take. NIST issues new guidelines for securing wireless local area networks, or WiFi.
Melissa Taylor, who works in the Law Enforcement Standards Office at the National Institute of Standards and Technology, worked with the Justice Department on recommendations for reducing human error in fingerprint analysis.
NIST's 2012 appropriations provided $10 million to establish the center near NIST's Gaithersburg, Md., campus.
The University of Maryland has published a report, in collaboration with NIST, on how the government and industry are addressing the cyber supply chain challenge.
New draft guidance is giving agencies some help in responding to the ever-changing landscape of cyber threats.
The password isn't dead yet, but "we think it needs to be shot," said Jeremy Grant, NIST's senior advisor for identity management, in an interview with The Federal Drive with Tom Temin.
The National Institute of Standards and Technology is sponsoring an upcoming conference to bring together industry and agencies to figure out ways to improve how they use unstructured data.