Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: NIST
The agency issued draft of version 1 of the technology roadmap seeking to create cloud computing standards. The document details 10 cloud requirements that agencies need help on to adopt the emerging technology.
The NIST Framework and Roadmap for Smart Grid Interoperability Standards 2.0 builds upon the first cyber outline the agency released.
Charles Romine has been selected to replace Furlani as the head of the NIST IT lab.
A weather emergency cancels an FCC forum on public safety broadband communications.
It's "women and children first" off the boat when it's sinking, but how do you clear the next generation of wireless communications in case of emergency? A new program is trying to figure that out.
A vote of confidence for new federal guidelines could improve your experience on Election Day. The National Institute of Standards and Technology has released a new draft of standards which address hardware, usability and security issues for electronic voting machines. NIST said the guidelines if adopted by state and local governments will improve government and voter confidence, and help manufacturers. The public can comment on the new methods until early July.
July 7th, 2009
Listen to this week's show to hear discussion topics including:
- Peter Mell, Senior Computer Scientists and cloud computing project lead at the National Institute of Standards and Technology
- What is cloud computing?
- The "green" benefits of cloud computing?
- How agencies are responding and utilizing cloud computing.
New Web site offers place for public to comment.
In an exclusive exit interview, Pyke discusses why he's leaving and what he plans to do next.
WFED's Jason Miller reports.