Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: NIST
The House approved the first spending bill for 2013, setting operating budgets for the Commerce and Justice Departments and for science-related agencies, such as NASA.
The Manufacturing Extension Partnership has a goal of making U.S. manufacturers more competitive.
A working group is developing common requirements for a federated cloud identity management shared service. NIH already showed how this could be done with its iTrust tools. The tiger team is expected to issue the common standards in the next few months.
Digital signatures are mathematical algorithms that ensure authenticity of digital documents. They are specified in Federal Information Processing Standard, or FIPS 186 — 3. The standard first came out in 1994.
GSA, NIST to name the first batch of outside organizations who will test and validate commercial cloud products against baseline security standards in the FedRAMP cloud security program in May. The Joint Authorization Board also will release guidance to industry on how to implement the security requirements in the coming months. FedRAMP still is months from approving its first set of vendors.
Tags: technology , cybersecurity , FedRAMP , third party accreditors , cloud computing , GSA , DoD , DHS , David McClure , David DeVries , Richard Spires , Jared Serbu , AFFIRM , industry , Cybersecurity Update
National Institute of Standards and Technology wants comments about revisions to FIPS 186-3. NIST said the proposed revision includes clarifications, corrections and revisions
The National Institute of Standards and Technology has asked for comments about its proposed revisions to the Digital Signatures Standard.
Gregory Wilshusen, GSA's director of information security issue, discussed a recent report about IT supply chain risks with The Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Emily Kopp
Conformity assessment is "determining if people, products and services meet requirements," said Gordon Gillerman, the director of standards services for the National Institute of Standards and Technology.
A new Internet Botnet Group will bring together federal and industry experts to try to stem the tide against botnet attacks. Experts estimate one in 10 computers are controlled by bad actors using malicious software to attack organizations. FCC working groups released three reports with recommendations for improve cybersecurity.
Tags: technology , Miriam Perlberg , Julius Genachowski , FCC , National Security Council , White House , cybersecurity , botnets , Steve Crocker , Shinkuro , Messaging Anti-Abuse Working Group , Communications, Security, Reliability and Interoperability Council , DNSSEC , Jason Miller