Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: NIH
Rob Guerra, a partner in Guerra Kiviat, chairs this year's AFCEA Bethesda's Children's Inn Gala. He joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the event.
This month the National Institutes of Health created the new National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS) to bridge the gap between scientific research and usable drugs or medical devices.
Ed Wilgus, senior contracting officer with the National Institutes of Health Information Technology Acquisition and Assessment Center, discusses new health IT contract.
Watch or listen to this program on demand below
Originally aired October 17th @ 3:05pm
August 19th, 2009
The new Director of the National Institutes of Health is in place he offered an outline of five themes of opportunity he sees at NIH.
If all goes as SSA officials expect, the agency's initial use of the Nationwide Health Information Network (NHIN) with MedVirginia will begin to validate Congress's decision to include $19 billion for health IT in the stimulus bill.
Agency under NIH hopes to have vaccine ready for general public by mid-October.