Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: NICE
As the cybersecurity workforce gets older and closer to retirement age, the Office of Personnel Management is trying to help agencies find new talent. It's creating a new database of cyber positions that it hopes will help agencies identify the cyber skill sets needed to meet their missions. The Obama administration has made reducing critical cyber workforce gaps one of its top "cross-agency" goals.
Several large departments have failed to close cybersecurity workforce gaps that could hinder efforts to protect their computers and networks, according to congressional auditors.
The National Institute of Standards and Technology has inked a deal with the Education Department and the National Cybersecurity Education Council to better promote formal cybersecurity education.
This week Federal Security Spotlight checks in with Ernest McDuffie, the leader for the National Initiative on Cyber Security Education.
July 14, 2010
Cybersecurity training is expanding beyond agencies and into high schools, libraries and other workplaces. It's called the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education. We learn more about it from NIST's Dr. Ernest McDuffie.
Also in the cybersecurity headlines: Navy CIO Carey moving to Fleet Cyber Command, Study Reveals DHS Does Not Dominate the Homeland Security Market