Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: NHTSA
The Senate left Washington without confirming several of President Barack Obama's nominees for the executive branch, including Carolyn Colvin, his choice to lead the Social Security Administration.
Tags: Carolyn Colvin , SSA , Don Kettl , people , Nani Coloretti , HUD , Michael Carroll , USAID , Sharon Block , NLRB , Rhea Suh , Fish and Wildlife Service , Debo Adegbile , workforce , Congress , Senate , Emily Kopp
Less air pollution and lower gas bills will be the result of a collaboration between the Environmental Protection Agency and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Bill Charmley is director of the Assessment and Standards Division at the EPA. Jim Tamm is chief of the Fuel Economy Division for NHTSA. They're Service to America medal finalists in the Science and Environment category. On In Depth with Francis Rose, Jim Tamm explained the success and the collaboration that got their teams selected. View a gallery of all the Sammies finalists.
A new staff report from the Senate Commerce Committee highlights some of the ways in which the government shutdown is throwing sand in the gears of the private economy. But the authors also point to several ways in which federal furloughs are jeopardizing public safety.
Tags: workforce , management , government shutdown , Congress , Senate Commerce Committee , Aerospace Industries Association , Consumer Federation of America , Deborah Hersman , Marion Blakey , Rachel Weintraub , NTSB , FAA , CPSC , FDA , Jared Serbu
The Obama Administration has a ready-made opportunity to improve the public's perception of the federal government through improved communications, but first it must do a better job of overcoming a "crisis of complexity" that leaves a majority of Americans unclear about the nature and breadth of services federal agencies provide, according to a new poll. Alan Siegel, Founder and Chairman, Siegel & Gale, has details.
Americans are already familiar with drunk driving. Now, drugged driving is the latest concern on the road.
Some employees are expected to come to work for at least part of the day, while others are being furloughed and are told to stay home until further notice, without pay. In continuing coverage of a story you read here first late Friday, FederalNewsRadio.com finds each Transportation bureau has a hotline employees should call for updates.
Tags: P&B , DoT , Federal Highway Administration , Motor Carrier Safety Administration , National Highway Transportation Safety Administrat , Research and Innovative Technology Administration , Jim Bunning , Furlough employees , Federal highway and transit funds
Is a one-time, one-and-a-half month, uptick in car sales for some car dealers worth the full, economic costs of the Cash for Clunkers program?