Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: NGA
Every day, one federal agency simultaneously serves the global intelligence needs of the American military, the U.S. Intelligence Community, and, increasingly, domestic first responders. In this episode of AFCEA Answers, Ellen McCarthy, chief operating officer of the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA), discusses how "managing through portfolios" makes sense during a new era of intelligence challenges and fiscal restraint. We'll also discuss how links with industry and academia are driving mission-focused innovations, like NGA's "Map of the World". And McCarthy talks about educating and recruiting the next generation of NGA innovators.
The National Geospatial Intelligence Agency said it would re-evaluate proposals and make a new award decision in response to a protest from Logistics 2020. But NGA said it wouldn't re-open the competition or look at any revisions. The proposals had already expired. But Logistics 2020 argued it couldn't produce what it originally said it could. GAO denied the Logistics 2020 proposal. Bill Welch, partner at McMahon, Welch and Learned, discusses this in an article he wrote for the Washington Business Journal and with In Depth with Francis Rose.
After two years of planning, the intelligence community is ready to start deploying the set of common IT services that make up the Intelligence Community Information Technology Enterprise (ICITE).
The Office of the Director of National Intelligence said the lead agencies under the IC IT Enterprise program launched a standard desktop, a secure community cloud and an apps store in mid-August. Al Tarasiuk, the assistant DNI and intelligence community chief information officer, said the key to this effort was having an ICwide agreed-upon security architecture and policies.
Intelligence Community Information Technology Enterprise will reach initial operating capability next March on the way to full implementation in 2018. The NGA and DIA are building a common desktop for all of the intelligence community agencies.
Tags: intelligence , technology , ODNI , GEOINT , James Clapper , Letitia Long , Intelligence Community Information Technology Enterprise , shared services , cloud computing , common desktop , Jared Serbu , NSA , CIA , DIA
April 26th at 12pm
Program will discuss the Progress Report on Virtualization & Data Center Consolidation, Key Benefits Associated with Virtualization & DCC, How Does Cloud Computing Get Factored into your Strategy, Major Challenges to Achieving their Goals, Is Security a concern in a Virtualized Environment, and A Future Vision for the next 1 to 3 years
Tags: Jeffrey Gribschaw , Margie Graves , Robert Norris , Bill Sullivan , Kevin Chin , Dmitry Kagansky , Federal Executive Forum , Trezza Media Group , Jim Flyzik , Army , Red Hat , Informatica , Quest Software , DHS
A National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency budget analyst claims his security clearance was taken away because his Islamic wife was employed by an Islamic faith-based organization. So he sued NGA for ethnic discrimination.
TSA is offering targeted early retirements, but certain mission-critical employees cannot apply. NGA is offering 150 buyouts.
Chief information officers in the intelligence community said despite cultural challenges, it makes sense to treat the IC as one IT enterprise. They owe an implementation plan to IC agency heads by the end of this year.
Tags: technology , IT , ODNI , Intelligence community , CIA , NRO , NSA , DIA , Jeanne Tisinger , James Clapper , Al Tarasiuk , Jill Singer , Neill Tipton , industry , information sharing , cloud computing , budget , Jared Serbu