Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: NFFE
Federal News Radio asked seven different unions, organizations and government groups for their priorities in the upcoming administration. Their responses are part of the series, The Obama Impact: Evaluating the Last Four Years.
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
President Obama's fiscal 2013 budget request released today ends the two-year federal pay freeze but increases contributions feds will have to make toward their retirement benefits.
Federal Register notice details how the program will work. Service's approach similar to other science and technology lab demonstration projects.
Councils of union representative and agency leaders are making employees happier and the government run more smoothly, federal personnel leaders told a Senate committee. But mid-level managers say they should be invited to the table because they're usually the ones to implement policies.
Tags: workforce , management , Ron Johnson , national council on federal labor management relat , OPM , John Berry , FMA , Pat Niehaus , gregory juneman , Emily Kopp , National Council on Federal Labor Management Relat
Lawmakers on both sides of the aisle agree that federal contractors need to be a major part of the discussion on rightsizing the federal workforce. But, they have not yet come to terms with whether the debate is about just raw numbers or having the right number of employees doing an amount of work they can handle.
Tags: pay and benefits , industry , Stephen Lynch , Dennis Ross , Gerry Connolly , Cynthia Lummis , Tom Marino , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , William Dougan , workforce , Jason Miller
Two employee unions, NTEU and NFFE, want their members to make their voices heard about what they say is the real impact of a government shutdown. The organizations are asking federal employees to call their member of Congress April 5. The unions also are trying to improve how they communicate with members about the shutdown.
Last week's elections brought about big changes in Congress, but the results might also affect how federal labor unions work with lawmakers. We talk with NFFE's national president, Bill Dougan, and NTEU's president, Colleen Kelley.
Both employee unions and agencies say certain phrases in President Obama's executive order creating these committees need to be better defined. VA deputy secretary Gould will lead an effort to bring some precision to terms such as pre-decisional, to make sure everyone is working from the same sheet of paper. National Council on Federal-Labor Management Relations also details first set of bargaining pilots, called B-1.
Tags: pay and benefits , management , John Berry , Scott Gould , Jeff Neal , OPM , DHS , VA , Colleen Kelley , NTEU , Bill Dougan , National Council on Federal-Labor Management Relat , labor-mangement forums , B-1 pilots , telework , Jason Miller