Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: NARFE
David Snell is the retirement benefits expert with NARFE.
Host Mike Causey is joined by Federal Times editor Steve Watkins, and NARFE retired benefits director David Snell.
October 12, 2011
A bill that would boost federal retirement benefits and give workers new TSP investment options is halfway home but Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says the hard part is still ahead.
Margaret Hostettler of NARFE discusses both the House and Senate bills and why federal employees should be paying close attention to the national health care debate.
In the old days pirates would often give their victims a choice. The choice? Walk the plank or get pushed off the plank. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says federal workers and retirees now find themselves in a similar bind.
October 21st, 2009
NARFE's Margaret Hostetler joins Mike with an update on legislation effecting dependent children in the FEHBP, the FERS flu and other perqs for feds. NAEFE Legislative Director Dan Adcock talk about the perks in the Defense Authorization Bill. And Jacqueline Simon, the policy director for AFGE talks the end of NSPS.
Federal government retirees are eligible to receive a cash payment from the stimulus bill, due to be signed into law by President Obama Tuesday. The National Active and Retired Federal Employees Association (NARFE) fought to have the once excluded group added.
Coming soon to a federal office near you, 300,000 first-ever digital photographs of President Obama and Vice-President Biden. If you don't rate one because of your location or rank, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey tells how you can buy your own.
Federal Times Editor Steve Watkins and senior writer Sean Reilly will talk about the future of the U.S. postal service, and NARFE legislative director Daniel Adcock will discuss the changes that Congress wants to make to your retirement benefits.
September 21, 2011