Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: NARFE
Julie Tagen, legislative director for the National Association of Active and Retired Federal Employees, told Federal News Radio that certain provisions in the bill would affect federal employees.
Maryland and Virginia lawmakers say federal employees have been singled out enough and shouldn't endure another year of a pay freeze or other benefit cuts. The Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act includes such provisions. Rep. Gerry Connolly said continued pay freezes or reduction in benefits will impact recruiting and retention of employees.
Host Mike Causey will talk about the big issues facing federal employees with NARFE's David Snell and Federal Times staff writer Stephen Losey.
November 9, 2011
Tags: Mike Causey , Your Turn , David Snell , Federal Times , Stephen Losey , Open Season , Medicare Part B , federal retirement , DoD , Air Force , Congressional supercommittee , job cuts , budget battle
Once you take the oath of office to Uncle Sam there are only three ways out ... and if you take the smart one, you could be in for some big surprises, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
David Snell, the director of retirement benefits at the National Active and Retired Federal Employees Association, joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to discuss how the COLA bump affects feds differently.
Millions of retired federal and military people are in line to get a one-time $250 payment or tax credit for this year. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey explains how it is supposed to work and who should be excited by the news.
With important changes coming to the Thrift Savings Plan, federal workers will soon see significant new options and opportunities for their retirement savings. But federal worker unions tell a House subcommittee that they're reluctant to endorse an option sought by a small, but some say overly-vocal minority of TSP participants.
David Snell is the retirement benefits expert with NARFE.
Host Mike Causey is joined by Federal Times editor Steve Watkins, and NARFE retired benefits director David Snell.
October 12, 2011
A bill that would boost federal retirement benefits and give workers new TSP investment options is halfway home but Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says the hard part is still ahead.