Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: NARFE
Host Mike Causey moderates a roundtable discussion
of sequestration, postal service buyouts, and
August 15, 2012
Tags: pay and benefits , sequestration , Paul Ryan , budget battle , Joseph Beaudoin , Steve Watkins , Sean Reilly , Federal Times , USPS , buyouts , early retirements , Social Security , TSA , OPM backlog , Mike Causey , Your Turn with Mike Causey
NARFE president Joseph Beaudoin and Federal Times
reporters Stephen Losey and Sean Reilly join host
Mike Causey to talk about a wide variety of issues
affecting federal workers.
June 6, 2012
Congress returns to session this week with a few short months to reach a budget resolution for the new fiscal year starting Oct. 1 and agree on how to avoid the automatic spending cuts of $1.2 trillion over the next decade that will be triggered Jan. 2, 2013, under the Budget Control Act debt limit deal. But don't expect much to get accomplished before the election, say budget experts.
Tags: Steve Bell , Bipartisan Policy Center , Julie Tagen , Beth Moten , AFGE , Colleen Kelley , NTEU , pay and benefits , budget , Congress , Budget Control Act , sequestration , workforce , retirement , Robert Tobias , American University
Why is it that some federal workers will never retire? They plan to work till they drop, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. Is it love of the job, patriotism, friends at work or is it the ex-spouse lurking out there?...
Four senators introduced a bill that would add Medicare patients to the Federal Employee Health Benefits Plan, as Medicare is gradually phased out. The National Active and Retired Federal Employees Association tells feds to be wary of the bill.
The combination of buyouts, a surge in baby boomer retirements and a hostile Congress may make this the worst year, maybe ever, to consider retiring, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
NARFE's David Snell and Federal Times reporters Stephen Losey and Sean Reilly join host Mike Causey to talk about the issues affecting your job and retirement.
March 7, 2012
Tags: pay and benefits , David Snell , federal retirement , OPM , Stephen Losey , Sean Reilly , Federal Times , National Security Personnel System , USPS , downsizing , buyouts , Mike Causey , Your Turn with Mike Causey
Host Mike Causey will talk about the Thrift
Savings Plan with Tom Trabucco, director of
external affairs for Federal Retirment Thrift
Investment Board. Federal Times Reporters
Stephen Losey and Sean Reilly also join the show
to discuss how Congress is changing your federal
February 22, 2012
Tags: pay and benefits , retirement , Thrift Savings Plan , Tom Trabucco , Federal Thrift Investment Board , National Federation of Federal Employees , Federal Times , Stephen Losey , Sean Reilly , budget cuts , John Bogle , Vanguard mutual funds , Allan Roth , Mike Causey , Your Turn with Mike Causey
Federal Times Editor Steve Watkins, Senior Writer Sean Reilly,and NARFE Legislative Director Julie Tagen will discuss how government employees will be affected by proposed cuts to the federal budget.
February 15, 2012
Tags: pay and benefits , Congress , budget battle , budget cuts , retirement , Federal Times , Steve Watkins , Sean Reilly , Julie Tagen , supercommittee , House , Senate , buyouts , Mike Causey , Your Turn
Lawmakers should keep their hands off federal employees' retirement plans, National Active and Retired Federal Employees Association Director of Retirement Benefit Services David Snell said at a hearing of the House Oversight and Government Reform Subcommittee on Federal Workforce, U.S. Postal Service and Labor Policy. The subcommittee is considering a slew of bills aimed at reducing federal pensions for both lawmakers and rank-and-file workers.
Tags: David Snell , payroll tax cut , Congress , House , House Oversight and Government Reform Commitee , FERS , CSRS , Social Security , OPM , Emily Kopp , Stephen Lynch , Dennis Ross , Robert Dold , Tim Griffin , Mike Coffman