Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: NARA
The National Archives and Record Administration is giving your agency tips for managing records in the cloud computing era.
One of the big questions for agencies considering cloud computing is how to ensure the information in the cloud is documented. The National Archives is providing answers.
NARA says the Electronic Records Archive is at risk if they build it and agencies don't use it. We get details from NARA's Meg Phillips and Charles Piercy.
The Office of Management and Budget is throwing a lifeline, of sorts, to 15 agencies who have IT projects that are on its high-risk list. Federal CIO Vivek Kundra said the 26 projects on his new high priority list are mission critical. He said some extra attention now could reap dividends down the road when those projects finally realize their long-awaited potential.
Tags: management , technology , OMB , Vivek Kundra , OPM , Matt Perry , DoJ , Vance Hitch , Bernie Mazur , Interior , David Ferrierro , Senate , Tom Carper , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , FBI, Sentinel , RSM , High Risk list , Max Cacas
Changes in technology, culture and conditions necessitate not only an update, but growth for the three-year old office.
Tags: In Depth , Francis Rose , technology , management , Kshemendra Paul , ISE , DHS , DoJ , FBI , OMB , Thomas McNamara , information sharing , architecture , NIEM , suspicious activity reporting , health IT , controlled unclassified information , Jason Miller
The Program Manager for the Information Sharing Environment says the three-year-old document needs to be updated and expanded. This effort is one of five priorities Kshmendra Paul shares in his exclusive interview with Federal News Radio, a month into his new role.
Tags: technology , management , Kshemendra Paul , ISE , DHS , DoJ , FBI , OMB , Thomas McNamara , information sharing , architecture , NIEM , suspicious activity reporting , health IT , controlled unclassified information , Jason Miller
The newly-created National Declassification Center has processed and published 2% of the documents it is tasked with releasing. The center released a status report detailing its progress and the steps it plans to take in the future.
Just in time for its 75th anniversary in a little more than 10 days, the Federal Register is set to unveil an entirely new look -- online. And in keeping with the Obama Administration's emphasis on the Open Government Initiative, and using the tools of social collaboration, the new FederalRegister.gov is expected to be the result of wider citizen participation.
Current federal regulations are fairly explicit on the kinds of federal agency records that must be kept by law. But what happens when the law hasn't kept up with changes in communications in the Internet age? A government attorney who has helped almost every federal agency comply with records management regulations addresses a recent National Archives conference.
Tags: management , best practices , Records Administration Conference , Jason Baron , Director of Litigation for the Office of General , records , e-mail , Electronic Message Preservation Act , Max Cacas
The Obama Administration believes that one of the major planks of an open and transparent government is the ready access to public information by citizens. One of the top federal officials involved in managing the federal government's rules and regulations says those who maintain the government's paper and electronic records are the "backbone of a transparent and open government."