Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: NARA
WFED's Jason Miller gives an update on NARA's cancellation of the contract for the electronic records archive.
PRONOM is a web-based public technical registry of more than 750 different digital file formats that enables digital archivists, records managers and the public to precisely identify and confirm digital file formats. NARA's Kenneth Thibodeau explains why that's important.
The National Archives says it's time the Bill of Rights got a hip new upgrade and need your help. Archivist David Ferriero gives us the hashtag.
The administration said its review of 16 of the 26 high-risk technology programs led to one termination, eight programs are scaled back and seven projects have accelerated delivery timetables. OMB said agencies saved or avoided spending $1.3 billion over the life of these 16 projects.
A newly-issued White House mandate provides new guidance for handling sensitive agency documents. Experts are giving it positive reviews so far. The new directive supersedes a similar order issued by the Bush administration, which critics say created a chaotic tangle of incompatible agency document classifications.
Tags: management , Executive Order 13556 , Controlled Unclassified Information Office , Jay Bosanko , OMBWatch , Sean Moulton , Open the Government Coalition , Patrice McDermott , document classification , controlled unclassified information , Max Cacas
Finding the right balance between privacy and sharing is the subject of a Federal News Radio Discussion. Joining us are NARA's Hannah Bergman and CMS's William Saunders.
The Office of Government Information Services has impacted how agencies and citizens interact over Freedom of Information Act requests in its first year. Among the agency's first-year goals was to make people aware of its mission to act as an arbiter and help agencies implement best practices.
Subhead: Administration honors sustainability efforts by seven agencies with the 2010 GreenGov Presidential awards.
Tags: green government , management , White House , Council on Environmental Quality , Nancy Sutley , VA , Forest Service , Energy , NIST , HHS , DoD , 2010 GreenGov Presidential Awards , Jason Miller
The National Archives and Record Administration is giving your agency tips for managing records in the cloud computing era.
One of the big questions for agencies considering cloud computing is how to ensure the information in the cloud is documented. The National Archives is providing answers.