Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: NARA
U.S. Archivist David Ferriero describes how the National Archives is using online tools to increase public participation.
The agency is deciding whether or not to move forward with the contract option for operations and maintenance with Lockheed Martin. GAO and OMB say the project has multiple problems, including more than a $200 million increase in the total cost for ERA and a lack of usage by agencies. After going through a TechStat sessions, NARA and OMB decided to stop enhancing the system and focus on use.
WFED's Jason Miller gives an update on NARA's cancellation of the contract for the electronic records archive.
PRONOM is a web-based public technical registry of more than 750 different digital file formats that enables digital archivists, records managers and the public to precisely identify and confirm digital file formats. NARA's Kenneth Thibodeau explains why that's important.
The National Archives says it's time the Bill of Rights got a hip new upgrade and need your help. Archivist David Ferriero gives us the hashtag.
The administration said its review of 16 of the 26 high-risk technology programs led to one termination, eight programs are scaled back and seven projects have accelerated delivery timetables. OMB said agencies saved or avoided spending $1.3 billion over the life of these 16 projects.
A newly-issued White House mandate provides new guidance for handling sensitive agency documents. Experts are giving it positive reviews so far. The new directive supersedes a similar order issued by the Bush administration, which critics say created a chaotic tangle of incompatible agency document classifications.
Tags: management , Executive Order 13556 , Controlled Unclassified Information Office , Jay Bosanko , OMBWatch , Sean Moulton , Open the Government Coalition , Patrice McDermott , document classification , controlled unclassified information , Max Cacas
Finding the right balance between privacy and sharing is the subject of a Federal News Radio Discussion. Joining us are NARA's Hannah Bergman and CMS's William Saunders.
The Office of Government Information Services has impacted how agencies and citizens interact over Freedom of Information Act requests in its first year. Among the agency's first-year goals was to make people aware of its mission to act as an arbiter and help agencies implement best practices.
Subhead: Administration honors sustainability efforts by seven agencies with the 2010 GreenGov Presidential awards.
Tags: Green government , management , White House , Council on Environmental Quality , Nancy Sutley , VA , Forest Service , Energy , NIST , HHS , DoD , 2010 GreenGov Presidential Awards , Jason Miller