Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: NARA
For years, a huge backlog of government agency documents in need of declassification has piled up at the National Archives and Records Administration. Now, however, a woman whose name is familiar in the federal declassification community is on board at NARA, taking the first steps toward whittling away at that backlog of 410 million pages of documents by a seemingly impossible deadline set in the law.
Without training and leadership, modern history may be lost forever.
National Security Archive survey reveals agencies are not reporting accurate information about 10-year backlog to the Justice Department. NSA found agencies are falling well short of the Obama administration's mandate to improve Freedom of Information Act requests.
The latest news affecting federal workers and government contractors. Find out what you need to know to start your day.
Archivist David Ferriero named Debra Steidel Wall as his deputy, effective July 3, according to an agency release.
The Justice Department and NARA are paying close attention to GSA, USDA and others in how they implement email and data storage on private sector clouds. Agencies should address potential data storage, collection and access issues during the development of the solicitation.
A new blog allows the public to comment on draft proposals about changing the classification and declassification system.
Paul Wester leads NARA's modern records program and describes the key findings and recommendations for maintaining the integrity of your records.
New Online Public Access portal lets users search three databases in one fell swoop to access 13 million records. Archives responded to customer complaints that its electronic records were too difficult to search.
WFED's Jason Miller discusses the new online collection at the National Archives.