Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Motorola
Eight companies are headed to court over their use of Carrier IQ software, Computerworld reports. The lawsuit says the companies have violated federal wiretap laws because Carrier IQ's services, which provides analytics, are intrusive and infringe on users' privacy.
Larry Greenemeier, associate editor for technology of Scientific American Online
Motorola's Jim Mears explains why this top government contractor is splitting into two companies and how that will impact agencies.
Motorola's Jim Mears discusses the need for industry and government to communicate prior to a request for proposal. Mears was a guest on In Depth with Francis Rose's Industry Chatter series.
A new project will outfit CBP border agents, check point officers and agency aircraft with secure voice and data communications connectivity along 1,200 miles of continuous U.S. border and more than 20,000 square miles of operating area. Details from Motorola's Mark McNulty.
Hear this week's guest, Jim Mears, Vice President and General Manager of Motorola, Inc., talk about communication in the 21st century.
July 13, 2010
From cell phones to Blackberrys to wireless cards in laptops, nearly every federal worker and contractor connects to the Internet wirelessly these days. But there is no federal standard for securing these connections.