Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Moscow
The Pentagon says Russia is not withdrawing its troops from the Ukraine border, despite Moscow's claim that the order to pull out has been given. Rear Adm. John Kirby says small numbers of Russian troops have gone back and forth to forward operating bases near the border, but the U.S. has seen no movement of Russian troops back to their home bases. NATO says Russia has 40,000 troops along the border.
President Barack Obama and Russian President Dimitri Medvedev agreed the outlines of a deal to reduce their strategic nuclear warheads to 1,500-1,675 within seven years of a new treaty coming into force. The sides want to make a deal before the 1991 Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty (START) expires on Dec. 5. Both sides are already committed to reducing their arsenals to between 1,700 and 2,200 warheads under the separate Moscow Treaty (SORT) that runs until 2012.
NATO and Russia have resolved a dispute which Moscow's envoy to the military alliance had said could affect prospects for increased cooperation on Afghanistan, Russian and NATO diplomats said on Thursday. Reuters reports the breakthrough would allow three documents on NATO-Russia cooperation to be signed on Friday at the first formal ministerial meeting between the two sides since ties were frozen after Russia's brief war with Georgia last year.