Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Montgomery County Council
County Executive Ike Leggett says department heads should prepare for 10 percent to 15 percent reductions in the next fiscal year.
After more than a decade as Montgomery County School Superintendent, Dr. Jerry Weast will be leaving his position at the end of the school year. The resignation has prompted the Montgomery County School Board to begin the search for a new school chief.
The Montgomery County Council voted unanimously Tuesday to add a double-track rail line between downtown Bethesda and Langley Park.
Roger Berliner, who serves Bethesda, blasted the Pepco executive. "My constituents are so tired of the unreliability of Pepco's system," Berliner told Graham. "You ought to have the best delivery system money can buy, and in the computer age, in which reliability of service is so important, we have a very unreliable system."
The Montgomery County Council will discuss plans for the proposed light rail line to run on double tracks, rather than on a single track.
Porta-potties are headed for extinction in Montgomery County parks.
Employees who make more than $100,000 or more would be furloughed for eight days, while those with salaries between $50,000 and $100,000 would be furloughed for five days. Employees with salaries of less than $50,000 would be furloughed three 3 days.
If you live in Montgomery County, there are some new taxes and fees coming to help fix a massive budget shortfall.
Costco's plans for a warehouse in Wheaton could be in jeopardy if Montgomery County doesn't allow 16 gas pumps and fast track the process.
The Montgomery County Council members say furloughs for everyone would be equitable. The school system says furloughs for school workers would pose special hardships.