Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Montgomery County Council
Montgomery County Council members called into question Pepco's performance during the Jan. 26 storm.
Following constituent outcry about Pepco's response to outages from last Wednesday's storm, and a scathing letter from a Montgomery County Council member, Rep. Chris Van Hollen, D. Md., is stepping up his criticism of the utility company.
Montgomery County Executive Isiah Leggett says he needs $36 million in budget cuts right now. - in the middle of fiscal year 2011 - because he's staring down a budget gap of $300 million dollars for FY 2012.
The Montgomery County Council is exploring fundamental changes to avoid another huge budget deficit, but new taxes likely aren't on the immediate horizon.
A Montgomery County politician wants to know exactly how much taxpayer money the county spent campaigning for a recent proposal on ambulance fees that did not pass.
Some Montgomery County residents felt dumped on. As winter approaches, a forum will be held to explain how the county handles snow removal.
You'll be able to buy hard liquor on Sundays in Montgomery County later this month.
Democratic incumbent Gov. Martin O'Malley has won a second term in a rematch with Republican former Gov. Robert Ehrlich.
Despite a tempestuous political sphere nationwide, every incumbent, all Democrats, retook their council seats in Montgomery County, where the closest margin was a 19-point victory over the Republican challenger in District 2.
Tags: Hans Riemer , Craig Rice , Duchy Trachtenberg , Marc Elrich , Nancy Floreen , George Leventhal , Roger Berliner , Phil Andrewss , Nancy Navarro , Valerie Ervin , Patricia O'Neill , Shirley Brandman , Judy Docca , Mike Durso , Montgomery County Board of Elections , Paul D. Shinkman
"We're losing about $14 million, and we'll be looking to balance the budget accordingly," says Montgomery County Council President Nancy Floreen.