Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Montgomery County Council
A five-cent tax on plastic bags isn't changing the behavior of Montgomery County shoppers as much as officials had hoped.
Tags: bag tax
Montgomery County officials this week are expected to learn how their jurisdiction got to the point of facing a projected shortfall of roughly $200 million.
Montgomery County Police feel that budget cuts hurt police more than anyone else in the county. Walter Bader, with Police Union FOP Lodge #35, complains that police are having to do less with more, and will be furloughed while school employees will not.
Tags: Montgomery County Police Department , budget , Walter Bader , Dr. Jerry Weast , ike leggett , Educational Facilities Officers , Joseph Lowery , James Hubert High School , Springbrook High School , Nancy Floreen , Kate Ryan
The Montgomery County Council has been saying for months the 2011 budget would have everyone feeling the pain. That assessment appears to be right on the money.
Tags: budget , layoffs , furloughs , ambulance fees , libraries , Nancy Floreen , Maryland General Assembly , teacher pension , Montgomery County Public Schools , Dr. Jerry Weast , phil andrews , Mike Knapp , Kate Ryan
A Maryland parents group claims the county acted illegally when hiring Joshua Starr. The Parents' Coalition of Montgomery County recently filed a complaint with the state attorney general.
Montgomery County residents will pay a little more in property taxes, but they won't lose as much as originally outlined in earlier versions of the county budget.
Tags: Kate Ryan
When it comes to the Montgomery County budget, size matters. The size of the budget shortfall, that is.
Tags: Kate Ryan
Parking rates are going up in Bethesda and Silver Spring by 10 cents per hour after the Montgomery County Council approved the increases Tuesday.
A Montgomery County organization tasked with studying Pepco is recommending a harsher approach to governing the embattled utility provider, recently criticized by county and state leaders for protracted power outages and insufficient customer response.
Montgomery County council members and the county's school leaders are at odds over how nine reaming school resource officer positions should be funded.