Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Missile Defense Agency
Defense Secretary Leon Panetta has permitted a three-star Army general accused of bullying subordinates to retire without a demotion in rank, the Pentagon said Wednesday.
Vice Adm. James Syring replaces Lt. Gen. Patrick O'Reilly, who was the subject of a DoD Inspector General report on his alleged abusive management style. In May, the IG recommended appropriate corrective action against O'Reilly.
Cristina Chaplain, director of Acquisition and Sourcing Management at the Government Accountability Office and follows the Defense Missile Agency, joined The Federal Drive with Tom Temin with more on what this move means.
Missile Defense Agency awards $980 million contract to Lockheed Martin.
Two senior senators will introduce an amendment to the DoD authorization bill to increase the oversight over the IT supply chain. A preliminary report from GAO finds counterfeit technology parts easily making their way into weapons systems.
Tags: contracting , technology , John McCain , Carl Levin , industry , DoD , Senate Armed Service Committee , Raytheon , Vivek Kamath , SMT Corp , Semiconductor Industry Association , Tom Sharpe , GAO , Richard Hillman , counterfeit parts , supply chain , Jason Miller , Brian Toohey
War games next month for the Missile Defense Agency. The game --simulate a missile attack from Iran. The Pentagon says the agency will use its newest missile-killing technology. The test reportedly will involve a fake intercontinental ballistic missile launch from Iran. The fake missile will actually take off from the Missile Defense Agency's launch facility in the Marshall Islands in the South Pacific, while the interceptor will be launched from Vandenberg Air Force Base in California.
A new GAO report shows that DOD's Ballistic Missile Defense System lacks clear oversight on training and funding.
The man leading the transition of more than 200,000 defense civilian workers into new pay systems has accepted a job at the Missile Defense Agency.
Katrina McFarland takes over for Frank Anderson as the new head of the Defense Acquisition University. DAU also will provide help for all agencies in buying services.