Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Mischel Kwon
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
The current set of categories is seven-years-old and has not kept up with the changing cybersecurity environment, says Mischel Kwon, director of U.S.-Cert.
Sources tell FederalNewsRadio that a leading candidate is a staff member on the Senate Intelligence Committee. In the meantime, former White House cybersecurity lead Hathaway and other industry experts offer the new cyber coordinator some advice about priorities and challenges.
Tags: technology , management , Howard Schmidt , James Langevin , Sameer Bhalotra , White House , Senate Select Committee on Intelligence , DHS , DoD , NSA , FBI , ODNI , Melissa Hathaway , Liesyl Franz , TechAmerica , RSA , Hathaway Global Strategies , information sharing
Mischel Kwon, Vice President of Public Sector Security Solutions at RSA, talks about making FISMA count.
With so much at stake, what role, if any does the federal government play in protecting the .com Internet domain? Several experts offer some candid observations on what the government's role should be.
DHS also will make Randy Vickers the permanent head of U.S. CERT. Stempfley would become the first permanent NCSD director since 2007. The division's oversight of federal civilian networks is growing more important with Einstein and TIC initiative.