Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Miriam Nesbit
The White House reaffirmed its commitment to an open and transparent government in President Barack Obama's second term. But government watchdog advocates say their frustration is growing with the slow and inconsistent progress agencies are making to make information more easily available.
Tags: open government , American University , transparency , White House , Open Government Directive , technology , FOIA , Jason Miller , Lisa Ellman , Daniel Metcalfe , Collaboration on Government Secrecy , Anne Weismann ,
Miriam Nisbet, director of the Office of Government Information Services, explains how her agency's role is different from the Justice Department's when it comes to the Freedom of Information Act.
When you hear "National Archives" what do you immediately think of? A place to find government records? A museum to view historic artifacts like the original U.S. Constitution and Declaration of Independence? There are some who believe that these two missions of the National Archives work at cross-purposes to each other. A House subcommittee examined the conflict yesterday.
Tags: management , National Archives and Records Administration , David Ferriero , William Lacy Clay , House Information Policy, Census and National Arch , OGIS , OMB , Peter Orzag , President Obama , Max Cacas