Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Military Times
Service members sometimes face a tough challenge when they leave the military: finding a job. Both federal agencies and contractors have programs for hiring veterans, but they're not all effective. Military Times has complied a list of the best potential employers for veterans. George Altman, education and employment writer for Military Times, told Federal Drive hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp how employers were evaluated. Companies who would like to participate in next year's survey can email BestForVets@militarytimes.com.
Military Times reports that defense and veterans programs may get funding cuts in the upcoming budget battle.
The defense budget will shrink by at least $15 billion in fiscal year 2012, Military Times reports.
Military Times reports that the fiscal commission is considering a revised plan that does not include a previous proposal to freeze military pay.