Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Mike Wash
A number of agencies have made high-profile migrations to cloud platforms and the Obama administration has issued sweeping guidance mandating agencies identify and transition services and applications to host in the cloud. For a look at how agencies are faring in their shifts to the cloud and the issues they continue to face, the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Emily Kopp hosted a panel discussion, "Clearing the Fog Around Cloud Computing," sponsored by Level 3 Communications.
The National Records and Archives Administration will modify its Electronic Records System for the first time since it went into the operations and maintenance phase. Mike Wash, NARA's CIO, said the use of Technical Direction Letters is one of the key lessons learned from the TechStat session ERA went through in 2010.
TechStat is rarely about shutting down problematic technology programs. In an exclusive report, Federal News Radio examines how agencies are using the analysis to support existing improvement plans, to move to agile development and to change its relationship with contractors. CBP, NARA and the FBI are recent examples of agencies taking advantage of the visibility and transparency TechStat brings to get programs back on track and completed.
Tags: technology , oversight , OMB , Steven VanRoekel , Vivek Kundra , NARA , Scott Stovall , FBI , Jeffrey Johnson , Customs and Border Protection , Linda Jacksta , ACE , ERA , Sentinel , TechStat , Inside TechStat , Jason Miller , exclusive
The archives is working with the CIO Council to figure out how to move records stored in the cloud more easily and ensure their authenticity. Mike Wash, NARA's CIO, said this is a problem looming for every agency as more and more of them move to the cloud computing. NARA is considering how to move its internal email to a managed service provider.
October 12, 2011(Encore presentation November 24, 2011)
Building a huge government IT system like the Federal Digital System is not the only project GPO CIO Mike Wash is dealing with.
Under 10-year, $240 million deal, IBM will provide operation and maintenance support and provide enhancements as necessary to the Electronic Record Archive system. NARA is considering improving search capabilities for agency customers of ERA. NARA CIO Mike Wash said more and more agencies are transferring data and using the system.
This week, host Jason Miller talks with GPO's Mike Wash about updating the agency's cybersecurity programs.
Sept. 2, 2010
Representatives of the Government Printing Office, National Archives, and Library of Congress discuss best practices for preserving digital records.
The Federal Register goes transparent with digital information in a usable format.