Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Mike Krieger
Listen November 10th at 2pm
Program will discuss the progress of Cloud Computing in the Federal Government, best practices including the DISA RACE program, challenges still ahead, lessons learned, and the vision for the future.
Tags: technology , Federal Executive Forum , cloud , DoD , federal government , DISA , Roberty Carey , Navy , Army , Henry Sienkiewcz , Booz Allen Hamilton , Tom Simmons , Tim Harder , Citrix Systems , EMC Federal Systems , Ron Ritchey
Officials from DISA, the U.S. Army and the U.S. Navy talk about their experiences in the cloud.
The Army is moving its email to the Defense Information Systems Agency's cloud. DISA's vice chief told reporters Tuesday that getting the rest of the military services on board was a question of when, not if.
Susan Lawrence, the Army's newly-appointed Chief Information Officer members of the IT and communications industry that the service is focused on creating an end-to-end IT infrastructure, eliminating structures that required soldiers to train and live on one network, and deploy on another.
OMB mandated departments implement continuous monitoring of their cyber networks by 2012. Part of meeting that goal is understanding what hardware and software currently reside on the computing backbone.
The Army is nearly finished with the testing phase of its new DISA-hosted enterprise e-mail service and plans to begin migrating users into the cloud in mid-February.
November 18th at 12PM
Program will discuss the progress report on Government Cloud Computing Initiatives, top cloud computing priorities , challenges to overcome, lessons learned & best practices, and vision for the future.
Soldiers at domestic U.S. Army bases get access to Facebook, Twitter and Flickr. Top Army IT chief says order is part of an effort to provide more consistent management of networks across all Army facilities.
Watch or Listen On-demand below
Tags: DHS , ODNI , tech , EDS , Unisys , Jim Flyzik , Tom Trezza , information sharing , Vance Hitch , DoJ , OSD , Tom Simmons , fusion centers , Gen. Dale Meyerrose , Robert Riegle , Mike DeHart , Citix , Steve Hutchens