Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Mike Krieger
March 20th, 2012
This panel will discuss the leading trends to the adoption of Unified Communications, key benefits of moving to a UC platform and the acquisition process, considerations, risks and /or constraints agencies have to keep in mind as they move towards a UC platform.
Congress approves a $175 million spending package that will let the Army move ahead with plans to consolidate 400 IT security watchtowers down to around a dozen. The cyber initiative is part of broader effort to move the entire DoD toward the Joint Information Environment.
Lt. Gen. Susan Lawrence announced today is her last day in uniform after 41 years in the Army. She leaves a legacy as the Army CIO who oversaw a huge amount of change over the last two years.
Listen December 4th@ 12pm
Program will discuss the following: Progress Report on Defense Cloud Computing Initiatives, Key Benefits with Cloud Computing, Key Challenges to Overcome, Addressing Security Concerns in a Cloud Strategy Environment, Lessons Learned & Best Practices, and A Vision for The Future
Tags: technology , Federal Executie Forum , Trezza Media Group , Alfred Rivera , Frank Konieczny , Louis Tempkin , CJ Wallington , Scott Montgomery , McAfee , HP , General Dynamics Information Technology
Deputy Chief Information Officer Mike Krieger wrote on the CIO's leadership blog that migrations resumed Monday after more than a two-month pause mandated by Congress.
The Army and DISA are using more disciplined processes to implement technology upgrades. Email-in-the-cloud also is giving the Army better a firmer cyber posture, and it opens the door for a host of emerging technologies because of better identity management.
Tags: technology , David Simpson , Stephen Smith , Army , cybersecurity , cloud computing , Email-as-a-service , DISA , AFCEA DC , Reggie Brothers , research and development , identity management , Jason Miller , ITIL , DoD
Deputy CIO Mike Krieger said the Secretary of the Army certified the program as technically and financially sound.
Congress wants two reports on enterprise email: one from the Army that is due by Jan. 31 and another from DoD CIO Teri Takai by June. Army deputy CIO Mike Krieger said the requirement for a report caused the service to delay the program for 30 days and would push back the final migration date to at least mid-May.
November 15th at 12pm
Program will discuss Progress Report on Defense Cloud Computing Initiatives, Top Cloud Computing Priorities, Key Challenges to Overcome, Lessons Learned & Best Practices, and A Vision for The Future