Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Mike Kane
Secretary Steven Chu announced several leadership changes, including naming Robert Brese as the department's new chief information officer.
The Energy Department is trying to make it easier to attract top talent with its revamped websites — Jobs.Energy.gov.
The Energy Department is one of six agencies testing a framework aimed at revamping one of the thorniest issues in government: how supervisors evaluate employees. Chief Human Capital Officer Mike Kane led a working group of more than 100 union, management and government representatives who drafted the framework. He earned the "Chief Human Capital Officer of the Year" award from the CHCO Council.
Agency leaders, employee unions and associations are recommending ways to improve upon the age-old problem of supervision in the federal workforce. They're hoping to reassure employees that they're being treated fairly, while showing the public that the government is working efficiently. The President's Labor-Management Council is reviewing the plan.
Tags: workforce , national council on federal-labor management relat , Federal Managers Association , Jessica Klement , Energy , OPM , Justin Johnson , management , emilly kopp , national council on federal-labor management relat , national council on federal-labor management relat , national council on federal-labor management relat , National Council on Federal-Labor Management Relat