Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Mike Causey
NITP Senior Benefits Director Tammy Flanagan will answer your retirement questions.
July 2, 2014
Remember the Cold War? It seems hard to believe there was one, and to know what it was like. But today's guest column was written by a German-born DoD civilian who was back in Europe in the mid-1980s.
For a lot of people, the Cold War seems almost like a surreal event. But for decades, it was a very real, at times very hot, war. And there are probably some people in your office who are bona fide cold warriors, like today's guest columnist.
When you go from intern to top manager and then, later, to retiree, you learn a lot. Today we hear from a NARFE local president who says the phased retirement program, when it starts, could be a great thing for young workers and old-timers, too.
What do Mary Poppins and Washington Redskins quarterback RJ Griffin III have in common? According to one Federal Report reader, the answer is: a lot
Are things getting worse in government, or is that just your memory playing tricks? We asked a current federal employee, and he said it is going from bad to worse.
Financial advisor Arthur Stein will answer your calls and emails about the TSP, and CBS MoneyWatch Columnist Allan Roth discusses what you can do to maximize your TSP investments.
June 25, 2014
If you are contemplating retirement, there are lots of things to consider: Your health, goals, new income level and where you want to live. There is also one word you need to start using, according to a recent Forest Service retiree. That magic word: No!
On this week's Your Turn radio show, host Mike Causey chats with Carol Bonosaro, president of the Senior Executives Association about the threats to the career SES and the dangers to the American public if career jobs are turned into serve-at-will positions. Mike also speaks with reporter Andy Medici from the Federal Times about the latest at the VA and how legislation could affect feds at that agency.
If you've been in government for a while, you know it is something like riding a roller coaster, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. Thrills, chills but rarely any spills. So, how long will your luck hold out?