Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Mike Causey
Are federal workers the driving force behind economic recovery, or are fat cat bureaucrats making things worse? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says it depends on which set of factoids you read and believe.
Compared to the private sector, civil servants are a very different breed of cat, as Senior Correspondent Mike Causey explains.
How would you like to have 20 children in college at the same time? Could you handle it? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says that some very generous feds have been handling it very well for a long time
This week, Mike Causey learns all about the Federal Employees Education and Assistance Fund.
Federal workers are in line for a pay raise in January. Federal retirees are not. How come? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says deflation is the reason.
Is there a pay raise in your immediate future? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says while it's on target its fate is tied to the economy, the political climate and maybe a few dozen about to be lame-duck members of Congress.
At the end of the day who's going to have more money, a banker who drives a Lexus or a federal civil servant who owns a Ford or Chevy Cobalt? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey asked a pro and the answer may surprise you.
Do you have a mid-20s dependent child who doesn't have health insurance? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says relief is on the way, but it may be awhile before it gets to you.
In politically super-charged Washington, the rule of thumb is this: never kick them UNTIL they are down. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says the punching bag de jour is the fast-fading Bush administration's pay for performance plan. Some loved it, others hated it.
Federal agencies move operations, and people, all the time. Sometimes the reasons are noble: to save taxpayer money, improve operations and for national security. Sometimes they are part of empire-building or please-a-politician reason. Check out Senior Correspondent Mike Causey's column today.