Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Mike Causey
Host Tammy Flanagan and NITP Benefits Specialist James Marshall will answer the questions that feds need to know when planning for their retirement.
April 18, 2011
Federal and military retirees have been on a no-calorie diet for the past two years. But they may be in line for a cost of living adjustment in January 2012. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey crunches the numbers.
It's been seven days since 800,000 feds learned they wouldn't be furloughed without pay. While that was tough on many of them, it had its upside. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says it gave him visibility that Jay Leno or Dianne Sawyer took years to achieve. So how did you handle the shutdown threat?
Most individuals have a time period they consider the good old days...when kids were kids...people didn't lock their doors. But Mike Causey says that for many federal workers the good old days didn't last very long because they only included last weekend!
Federal Times editor Steve Watkins joins host Mike Causey to talk about what's next for federal workers and retirees.
April 13, 2011
Federal News Radio Senior Correspondent Mike Causey continues explains how you can prepare for what come next.
Host Tammy Flanagan and WellsFargo Vice-President Joseph Sullender discuss the do's and don'ts of retirement planning for federal employees.
April 11, 2011
Given the nonperformance of Congress, federal workers better learn to live with furlough threats. So whether we dodge the bullet or not this time, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey has a checklist you should clip and save...for the next time.
Washington is about to get the drop on Hollywood. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says it's working up a sitcom in which the servants revolt and put the people who pay their salaries out of work. Insiders say it will be called "Shutdown II."
If you are worried about the effect of a shutdown on your paycheck, tax refund or Social Security check there are two informal hotlines (one for Republicans and one for Democrats) you can reach out to. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey requests you let us know how that works out, okay?