Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Mike Causey
It will be months, at least, before the full scope of the VA scandal is known. But for many taxpayers, it is further proof that federal workers are overpaid, underworked and fireproof, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
The Office of Personnel Management hopes to complete final regulations for phased retirement by October, OPM Director Katherine Archuleta said during an exclusive online chat with Federal News Radio. Archuleta also joined Your Turn with Mike Causey, where she discussed employee morale and engagement and strengthening federal diversity initiatives.
Does an upset in a political primary in Richmond, Virginia, mean permanent political gridlock in Washington? According to some pros, everything changed last Tuesday, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
One of America's new guessing games is trying to figure out what went wrong at the Department of Veterans Affairs — and how to fix it. Some have suggested the problem is that the VA has too many vets?
NARFE's Jessica Klement and Andy Medici from the Federal Times discuss a number of issues affecting feds, including proposed changes to the federal retirement program and the scandal at the Department of Veterans Affairs.
June 11, 2014
How do you find the handful of feds interested in leaving federal service in a large, bored, lookalike crowd? Answer: Shout out the words "buyout" and/or "phased retirement" and stand back, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Congress is back at work, after its most recent vacation, and members are filled with righteous indignation. Fortunately for federal workers, it isn't directed at their pay, benefits or retirement package, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
The end of this fiscal year is the deadline OPM Director Katherine Archuleta has set for getting phased retirement in place for Federal employees. The concept has been around for a couple years, but Federal News Radio Senior Correspondent Mike Causey thinks people who criticize OPM for taking too long to get the program going might have expectations that are too high.
Tags: In Depth
Scandal-rocked federal agencies could, probably should, take survival training from Detroit auto-makers, who know how to handle little — and sometimes not so little — problems, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Today is the 70th anniversary of D-Day. If you have living link to the Greatest Generation, cherish it. I lost mine yesterday, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.