Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Microsoft
FederalNewsRadio has learned budget passback language also calls for alternative analyses for major IT projects in 2012. NASA, DISA are among the agencies out in front in using this technology. Both plan to share what they've learned, and best practices, with other agencies.
Miami hacker known as "soupnazi" pleads guilty to one of largest cyberthefts in U.S. history.
Agency expects to save millions on Microsoft, Oracle titles.
USAF looking for cyberwarfare help, Microsoft to release IE patch, legal protections in cloud computing called for.
Cybercoordinator to be named, FBI investigating Citigroup hack
Military wants to expand pilot with Google, Microsoft to use their online databases to store health data. Tricare also wants to move away from centralized database.
Standard configuration for Windows 2003 and 2008 builds upon desktop baseline. New secure servers provide another level of cybersecurity for agency systems.
The State Department in late January began testing the use of digital certificates on Microsoft Word and Excel documents, using the Group Policy Object function to digitally lock down Microsoft Office so employees does not use any macros that are not approved by State.
OMB report to Congress says 10 agencies implemented standard configuration