Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Michelle Obama
A new initiative launched Wednesday by first lady Michelle Obama and the vice president's wife, Jill Biden, is designed to better prepare educators instructing military-connected children. "Operation: Educate the Educator" already has a commitment from more than 100 colleges offering teaching degrees.
First lady Michelle Obama revealed Wednesday that 2,000 businesses around the country have hired or trained more than 125,000 military veterans and spouses in the past year, surpassing a White House goal of 100,000 by the end of next year.
A new program is being launched to train thousands of social workers on how to aid troops coming home from Iraq and Afghanistan.
Opening another front in her nearly year-old campaign to support service families, first lady Michelle Obama on Wednesday unveiled a new push for jobs on or near military bases.
First Lady Michelle Obama has joined with military leaders in urging states to make it easier for military spouses to find jobs when they move.