Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Michael Taborn
Metro officials say crime on the transit system is trending downward during the first quarter of 2011, although assaults against bus drivers have increased.
With recent revelations that al-Qaida may have been targeting rail systems in the U.S., Metro General Manager Richard Sarles is expressing a vote of confidence in his police chief to keep riders safe.
Metro Transit Police Chief Michael Taborn describes a troubling pattern of assaults by youths. WTOP's Adam Tuss reports.
The head of Metro's police force says he is not worried about a trend in terror threats against the transit system, but is encouraging riders to stay vigilant.
Upset about Metro's new random bag inspections, dozens of riders used a public forum Monday to label the practice "security theater," a waste of resources and unconstitutional.
In the wake of two recent terror plots against the Metro system that ended in arrests, the transit agency says it will start randomly inspecting carry-on items of its passengers.
The day after federal investigators unveiled an unsuccessful terrorist plot against the D.C. Metro system, transit police are considering implementing one of the most controversial security measures available to them.