Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Michael Rogers
Military's cyber leaders say job satisfaction has so far trumped salary concerns when it comes to building and retaining a workforce of elite cyber warriors. Building the capacity of that training pipeline is the next challenge.
Tags: Obama Impact , DoD , cybersecurity , workforce , Alan Paller , SANS Institute , Air Force , Michael Basla , Navy , Keith Alexander , U.S. Cyber Command , DISA , Henry Sienkiewicz , Roger Greenwell , training , Jared Serbu , On DoD , DoD Report , Cybersecurity Update , Federal Drive
Two years after U.S. Cyber Command became operational, the military services that provide its cyber forces are beginning to more tightly define their respective responsibilities in the joint cyber environment. Gen. Keith Alexander issued a memo recently giving each of the services a lead cyber role for specific geographic areas of the world.
The Pentagon is still grappling with how to write the rules of cyberwarfare, such as when and how to fire back against a computer-based attack, senior military leaders told Congress Wednesday.
Rear Adm. Diane Webber is the new deputy commander of the Fleet Cyber Command and the Tenth Fleet at Fort Meade, Md., according to a recent Defense Department release. Webber is currently the director of communications and networks at the Office of the Chief of Naval Operations. The Commander of Fleet Cyber Command is Vice Adm. Michael Rogers.