Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Michael Oconnell
Dennis McGinn, assistant secretary of the Navy for energy, installations and environment, says the pursuit of renewable energy is not just about the Navy "going green." It supports the mission.
The National Museum of American History celebrates a big birthday this year. It's now 50 years old. Federal News Radio takes a look at the museum's past and present. Web Manager Julia Ziegler and Web Editor Michael O'Connell share details with Federal Drive hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp. Read Federal News Radio's related article.
2014 marks 50 years since the Smithsonian Institution opened the doors on its National Museum of American History. Federal News Radio explores the museum's beginnings through pictures and stories with the people who were there then and now.
One Smithsonian museum is celebrating a big milestone this year. The National Museum of American History turns 50-years old. Federal News Radio is taking a look back at the museum's creation with a special Web feature Friday. Web editor Michael O'Connell gives In Depth with Francis Rose a preview.
The Office of Personnel Management published a final rule to amend the of regulations of the Combined Federal Campaign. The changes make it easier for federal employees to contribute to the charities of their choice and increase transparency of the donor process.
The Navy and Marine Corps provided hands-on demonstrations of some of the innovative machines they use to help them do their jobs.
The Veterans Affairs Department reduced the number of pending disability claims by 267,000 over the last year. Veterans are also waiting 119 days less than they did a year ago for their claims to be processed.
The hallways of a building at Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling echoed with the sounds of gunfire last month as part of a training exercise to help base law enforcement personnel prepare for an active-shooter event.
The Center for Effective Government evaluated how well the 15 agencies that receive 90 percent of all Freedom of Information Act requests from the public process those requests. It found most of those agencies receive poor or failing grades in how they are implementing FOIA.
When Robert Gates was secretary of Defense, he tried three years in a row to increase out-of-pocket expenses for TRICARE participants. But Congress voted that down every time.