Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Michael Oconnell
Recruits in the Federal Air Marshal Service undergo 16 weeks of rigorous training to prepare for their primary duty - helping travelers reach their destinations unharmed. Every three months, air marshals receive refresher training in hand-to-hand defense, physical fitness and threat-scenarios aboard a life-size mockup of a passenger jet. Federal News Radio goes inside a flight simulator for a first-hand look at a training exercise.
Dr. Andrew Ritcheson of DRC spoke the to Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Emily Kopp about what medical professionals have learned from 10 years of war about treating traumatic brain injuries.
In the second presidential debate, President Barack Obama claimed that he was responsible for the safety of U.S. diplomats overseas and would fully investigate the Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi.
Sen. Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) is calling on the Department of Veterans Affairs to not follow through on a directive that will go into effect on Friday that would prevent funding for service dogs to help veterans with mental disabilities.
President Barack Obama and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney contrasted their approaches in how they would reduce the federal deficit and how they defined what the role of the federal government is during a nationally televised debate Wednesday night.
The Environmental Protection Agency partnered with the Commerce Department and National Archives to launch a new online portal aimed at streamlining the Freedom of Information Act request process for both the public and federal agencies.
Sarkis Tatigian enlisted in the Navy as a 17-year-old sailor in 1942. After the war, he continued his service to the department in various jobs in and out of uniform. Now, he is being recognized for his seven decades of dedication to the Navy.
Six senators sent a letter to their Senate leaders asking for a bipartisan effort to end the threat of automatic, across-the-board budget cuts due to take effect in January.
Agencies are installing white, reflective roofs, solar panels and plant-filled green roofs to cut down on energy costs and save taxpayers money. This is all in response to President Barack Obama's executive order requiring agencies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and increase energy efficiency.
Tags: Jennifer MacDonald , Mark Sprouse , Steven Chu , DoE , sustainability , green government , Green Government Initiative , cool roofs , National Archives , Obama Impact , Management , Michael OConnell