Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Michael OConnell
The Commerce Department has big plans for its headquarters in downtown Washington, and it could lead a revolution in public-building planning.
Billy Milton, chief human capital officer at the USDA, tells The Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Emily Kopp about the Agriculture Department's successful approach to managing its workforce in tough budgetary times.
Although scandal rocked the General Services Administration's leadership this last week, it remains unclear whether the four regional commissioners out on leave would face criminal prosecution.
Jim Harper, senior policy analyst at the conservative Cato Institute, says that some of the cybersecurity bills Congress is considering are overreaching and may be unnecessary in the long run.
The Army issued a request for proposals to develop protective underwear for warfighters. The boxer-style briefs would provide projection from improvised explosive devices.
While Congress debates several new cybersecurity bills, a Congressional Research Service reports shows the government is already involved in regulating cybersecurity.
The Air Force is hoping that its USA Staffing Onboarding Manager tool can help it slash the time it takes to hire civilians.
Sen. Daniel Akaka (D-Hawaii) introduced the Senior Executive Reform Act, which would link the General Schedule with the pay system for senior executives and let senior executives include their performance bonuses in their retirement calculation.
Gregory Wilshusen, GSA's director of information security issue, discussed a recent report about IT supply chain risks with The Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Emily Kopp
Mike Lillis of the Hill newspaper told The Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Emily Kopp that lawmakers are just jockeying for campaign fodder with all this budget talk. Don't expect anything big to happen until after the election.