Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Michael OConnell
Panelists at Wednesday's Telework Town Hall Meeting said the technology is there to make the federal workforce more mobile.
OPM Director John Berry detailed changes coming to the Presidential Management Fellows Program in a recent letter to Congress, obtained by Federal News Radio. The program came under criticism earlier this year for mistakenly sending out 300 letters of acceptance to applicants who had not been chosen for the program.
Tags: John Berry , OPM , Presidential Managment Fellows Program , Darrell Issa , Dennis Ross , House Oversight and Government Reform Commitee , Subcommittee on Federal Workforce, U.S. Postal Ser , workforce , hiring , Federal Drive ,
The Partnership for Public Service took a closer look at the data from the 2011 Federal Employee Viewpoint Survey and discovered that feds aren't too happy with their leaders. Senior leaders especially received low rankings from federal employees.
The House is expected to vote on — and pass — the bipartisan Digital Accountability and Transparency Act, which aims to save taxpayer money by tracking spending by federal agencies.
Virgin Island Paving Co. successfully sued the Federal Highway Administration, which had rejected the company's low bid for a road contract. The court found that FHA may have been under political pressure not to choose the company.
NASA is currently building the James Webb Space Telescope and expects delivery of all of its scientific instruments this year.
Sunlight Foundation Policy Counsel Daniel Schuman is leading the campaign to improve the Library of Congress website that reports congressional data.
For seven years, E.J. O'Malley has been a health and fitness instructor at the FBI Academy in Quantico, Va. Four times a year, he instructs law enforcement personnel from across the U.S. and around the world at the FBI's National Academy - a 10-week course that includes a comprehensive physical training program. Read O'Malley's story as part of our "Cool Jobs in Government" series.
Forty-five percent of the IT executives polled in for the 2012-2013 Telework/Mobile IT Almanac expected to see an increase in part-time mobile workers over the next two years and 59 percent anticipated more regular teleworkers.
Tech America and USTelecom said the Anonymous hacker group targeted their Internet sites in denial-of-service attacks.