Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Michael OConnell
Kim Weaver, director of the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, told In Depth with Francis Rose feds will soon be able to access videos online explaining some of the more complicated aspects of their Thrift Savings Plan accounts.
Rep. Norm Dicks (D-Wash.), the ranking member on the House Appropriations Committee, says a deal is likely, though it may not come until after the November election.
Bob Peck, who was fired in April after an inspector general's report revealed excessive spending at a GSA conference, was hired by the Gensler consulting group to lead its D.C.-based office.
President Barack Obama told congressional leaders Tuesday that he was implementing a 0.5 percent pay increase for federal employees that would go into effect next April. Congress is expected to pass a Continuing Resolution when it returns to Washington in September to avoid an Oct. 1 government shutdown. Obama extended the pay freeze through the duration of that CR.
At their National Convention, members of the American Federation of Government Employees elected a trio of new officers: J. David Cox as national president, Eugene Hudson Jr. as national secretary-treasurer and August Thomas as national vice president for women's and fair practices.
New director of the Defense Intelligence Agency challenges his workers to better serve their customers — both military and private sector — by being more responsive, timely and relevant.
Sens. Carl Levin (D-Mich.) and John McCain (R-Ariz.) sent a letter to the Defense Secretary Panetta and Secretary of State Clinton asking them to consider further actions against contractor Pratt & Whitney Canada. P&WC pleaded guilty in June to illegally exporting military software to China.
Although the word "default" might elicit a sense of urgency in most people, it doesn't appear to be inspiring lawmakers to take action on the proposed Postal Service bill. USPS is expected to default on $5.5 billion in pension costs that it owes to the Treasury.
The Government Accountability Office looked at how agencies were complying with the Services Acquisitions Reform Act of 2003. It discovered that while many chief acquisition officers had assumed duties far beyond what the act intended, that might not be such a bad thing.
President Barack Obama issued a memorandum Thursday calling on agencies to comply with protections laid out in The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act of 1994 when hiring returning veterans.
Tags: Barack Obama , Veterans Affairs , Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act , OPM , DoD , Joining Forces Initiative , workforce , hiring , Joining Forces , Returning Heroes Tax Credit , Wounded Warrior Tax Credit ,