Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Michael OConnell
Forty-five percent of the IT executives polled in for the 2012-2013 Telework/Mobile IT Almanac expected to see an increase in part-time mobile workers over the next two years and 59 percent anticipated more regular teleworkers.
Tech America and USTelecom said the Anonymous hacker group targeted their Internet sites in denial-of-service attacks.
The Commerce Department has big plans for its headquarters in downtown Washington, and it could lead a revolution in public-building planning.
Billy Milton, chief human capital officer at the USDA, tells The Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Emily Kopp about the Agriculture Department's successful approach to managing its workforce in tough budgetary times.
Although scandal rocked the General Services Administration's leadership this last week, it remains unclear whether the four regional commissioners out on leave would face criminal prosecution.
Jim Harper, senior policy analyst at the conservative Cato Institute, says that some of the cybersecurity bills Congress is considering are overreaching and may be unnecessary in the long run.
The Army issued a request for proposals to develop protective underwear for warfighters. The boxer-style briefs would provide projection from improvised explosive devices.
While Congress debates several new cybersecurity bills, a Congressional Research Service reports shows the government is already involved in regulating cybersecurity.
The Air Force is hoping that its USA Staffing Onboarding Manager tool can help it slash the time it takes to hire civilians.
Sen. Daniel Akaka (D-Hawaii) introduced the Senior Executive Reform Act, which would link the General Schedule with the pay system for senior executives and let senior executives include their performance bonuses in their retirement calculation.