Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Michael Nelson
Michael Nelson talks about a Bloomberg Government study on the issues surrounding big data. Anthony Robbins of Brocade Communication discusses IT reform. Fedlink Executive Director Blane Dessy discusses how expanding his program will help cut government costs. Alex Bolton of The Hill newspaper fills us in on Congress' plans to solve the debt ceiling crisis.
Tags: Bloomberg Government , big data , Anthony Robbins , Brocade Communications , Congress , House , House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform , Blane Dessy , Fedlink , Library of Congress , Alex Bolton , The Hill , debt ceiling , DoD , DoD Report , cybersecurity , Cybersecurity Update , Federal Drive
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Professor, University of Maryland
Visiting Professor, Georgetown University
A report by the Technology CEO Council offers ways the government can streamline technology and says these methods could save the government $1 trillion over the next decade. Michael R. Nelson, visiting professor of Internet Studies at Georgetown University, joined the DorobekINSIDER to discuss the report's recommendations.